“‘Will you walk into my parlour?’ said the spider🕷 to the fly🪰.” The sinister 1829 poem by Mary Howitt tells the cautionary tale of the sly spider coaxing the apprehensive fly into its web🕸. Creepy/Clever and well played, Mr. Spider. Hmmmm…the parallels of the 1829 spider web and the manipulative, seductive 2021 worldwide web are not lost on me.
I am joining other tablescapers from across the miles to bring you spooky fun with a “Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop” hosted by Rita at Panopoly blog. Links to their BOO-tiful sites are listed at the end of this post, and I encourage you to stop in to visit each one of these talented ladies.
If you’re looking for more ghastly, ghostly, ghoulish tablescapes, check out these from my archives:
- Pandora’s Box – Black, White and BOO
- The Little Yellow Corner Store – Let’s Meet Ferdinand Frankenstein
- Panopoly – hOWLoween Tablescape
- Home Is Where the Boat Is – Happy Haunting Tablescape
- Hyacinths for the Soul – Whooo’s Ready for Halloween?
- Debbee’s Buzz – Batty Black, White and Purple Halloween Table
- The Sweet Sensations – Ghoulish Glam for Halloween
- Everyday Living – No Tricks, Only Treats
- Corner of Plaid and Paisley – Halloween Tablescape – Got That Feeling Someone is Wathcing You?
- Life and Linda – Happy Hallow-Queens Party
- Zucchini Sisters – Halloween Tablescape Featuring Creepy Plastic Spiders
- Bluesky at Home – Halloween Tablescape Ideas for the Patio
- The Bookish Dilettante – Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop
- My Hubbard Home – Festive Halloween Party Decor Ideas
- Dinner at Eight – A Haunted Table for Halloween
- Red Cottage Chronicles – Black Magic Halloween Tablescape
- The Painted Apron – Set the Scene, It’s Almost Time for Halloween
- Me and My Captain – Halloween Tablescape
- Tablescapes at Table Twenty-One (that’s me!) – Spider & the Fly